Monday, December 7, 2009

The (Cheap) Good Life--Totally Yummy Refried Black Beans

Sometimes in my life I have a particularly good job, providing me with plenty of money but no time. Sometimes I have no job at all and have lots of time, but am also desperately poor.  At the moment I am in the latter situation. Therefore, I am dedicating a series of posts to the business of being poor...and having a fabulously good time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Totally Yummy Refried Black Beans



Ingredients:
1 Can Black Beans
Chili Powder to taste
Cumin to taste
Garlic Powder to taste
Coriander to taste
1 Tbs Olive Oil






Directions:
1. Empty an undrained can of black beans into a saucepan.
















3. Turn the heat down to low and begin mashing with a potato masher or fork as the beans soften. Don't worry about getting it perfectly smooth.



These savory beans are pretty amazing by themselves, or you can turn them into a full meal by adding some corn tortillas (you can get these in 2 pound bags for about $2 at your local WalMart or Mexican market), white crumbly Mexican cheese and salsa.




YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment